Add new comment
After getting things up and running, I had a look with the OSX SVN client I find the most intuitive, Versions. However, whenever I tried to commit, I got an authorization failure. Whether from Versions on the machine where the repository resides or from Coda or the command line on the working machine, every commit resulted in an error code 170001.
After many hours of plodding I decided to throw away the initial repository and created a new one. No solution. Then I found this:
svnserve.conf should look like this:
anon-access = read
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd
# authz-db = authz
realm = My Repository
And in this example, I have a password file named "passwd". That should have this:
japruim = mypass
and decided to create minimal file copies of the files, rather than modify the extensively commented ones. After a restart of svnserve, the commits went without a glitch.